Sunday, July 30, 2017

Victoria Falls

Having seen Niagara Falls, I wasn't expecting the absolute magnificence of Victoria Falls.


We caught the Falls on a sunny day, which added to the spectacle with multiple rainbows everywhere.


On this beautiful sunny day, we were given large (for me) black raincoats, that I came to appreciate ...




Like so many other sights in Africa, I wished we could have stayed longer.

Other than the Falls, the highlight of Victoria Falls was the historic and beautiful Victoria Falls Hotel

View from the hotel overlooking the Falls.

Finally, the last leg...off to Cape Town...and a special treat I did not expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Possibly the the most beautiful city in the world...Cape Town

After weeks of rising before dawn, riding over dusty bumpy roads and being confined to a jeep because our lives literally depended on it... ...